Cancelled for 2022
Western Sand Ring
Contact: Kristyn Knapp 613-200-1007, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register on-line for this event, go to https://www.assistexpo.ca/perthfair
Please note Rules Governing the Perth Fair, and Horse Show Rules. They apply to all classes.
Entries received to the Fair office before August 28, 2019 will be $5 per class for classes 1-15. Entries received the day of the show for these classes will be subject to a $2 late entry fee per class ($7 total/class). All Games classes will be $2 per entry.
Proof of minimum $1 million liability is required with entries.
Proper riding attire for the class required. Helmets are required for all competitors 18 & under. Recommended for all riders regardless of age. Please incorporate your riding helmet into your costume if entered into costume class.
Please notify the Show Committee if you require a tack change before the preceding class commences.
Please be prompt to the ring when your class is called.
Horses or ponies may enter any class. Stallions are not permitted.
Numbers will be allotted the day of the show. A $2 deposit is required and will be refunded when the number is returned.
Lead line entrants are not permitted to ride in other classes except the Games at the end of the show.
Kids, 10 years and under may have a handler in the GAMES walk/trot classes only
Prizes for Best Turned Out English Horse and Rider and Western Horse and Rider
High Point English and Western Rider - Junior and Senior
Prizes in all classes
Class Age Categories:
Senior: 18 & over
Junior: 17 & under
Open: All ages
Prize Money: 1st $15, 2nd $12, 3rd $10, 4th $8, Ribbons to 5th
1. Hunter Under Saddle - Junior
2. Hunter Under Saddle - Senior
3. Hunter equitation on the flat - Junior
4. Hunter equitation on the flat - Senior
5. Western Pleasure - Junior
6. Western Pleasure - Senior
7. Western Equitation/Horsemanship - Junior
8. Western Equitation/Horsemanship - Senior
9. Western Equitation - Pattern Class - walk/jog
10. Western Equitation - Pattern Class - walk/jog/lope
11. English/Western Command - Junior
12. English/Western Command - Senior
13. Lead line - Ages 10 & under
14. Walk/Trot/Jog - 12 years & Under (English or Western)
15. Pairs – Open (2 riders, w/t-j, English or Western)
16. Hunter over fences - Cross rails (12 years & under)
17. Hunter over fences - 2'
18. Hunter over fences - 2'6"
19. Hunter Equitation over fences - Cross rails (12 years & under)
20. Hunter Equitation over fences - 2'
21. Hunter Equitation over fences - 2'6"
22. Costume – Open (lead line permitted) - Total Prize Money of $400,donated by Fall River Forge. Helmets required for riders 18 & under. Handlers are welcome. Judged at the walk.
23. Ride a buck - walk/trot
24. Ride a buck (bareback, may be required to lope/canter) - walk/trot/canter/lope
25. Musical Chairs (Walk/trot) - Junior
26. Musical Chairs (Walk/trot) - Senior
27. Egg & Spoon Race (Walk/trot) - Junior
28. Egg & Spoon Race (Walk/trot) - Senior
29. Water Race - Junior
30. Water Race - Senior
31. Relay race (teams of 2, timed) - Walk/trot
32. Relay race (teams of 2, timed) - Walk/trot/canter