Go to www.assistexpo.ca/perthfair to easily create an account and submit your entry form
The 2022 theme is: Grandma's Kitchen
* Entries on this page require tags
** Please note Rules Governing the Perth Fair. They pertain to all classes. Please read them carefully.
Information: Marg Brandrick 613-267-1390
All work must be clean and appear new. Old and soiled work will not be judged. Articles that have been stored in mothballs must be completely aired prior to exhibiting or they will not be accepted.
Articles exhibited this year may only be brought back next year if entered in a different section.
Articles not adhering to the specifications stated in the prize list and regulations books will be disqualified.
Articles to remain on display until 4:00 p.m. Monday.
ALL ARTICLES MUST BE HANDMADE and must include S.M.A. or S.Y.A if requested - failure to include can disqualify entry.
S.M.A. - a sample of material(s) attached to the entry tag.
S.Y.A. - a sample of yarn(s) attached to the entry tag.
PRIZE MONEY - 1st - $10.00, 2nd - $8.00, 3rd - $6.00
1. Nightgown - Adult - SMA
2. Child's pajamas, top and bottom - SMA
3. Child's party dress - 6 years and under
4. Girls dress made from a pillowcase - SMA
5. All purpose bag - SMA
6. Pillowcase - set of 2 - SMA
7. Bib or Cobbler Apron - SMA
8. Christmas Tree Skirt – SMA
9. Pot Luck dish carrier - SMA
10. Pot Holders - one pair for Grandma's Kitchen - SMA
11. Pet Accessory (ex. coat, boots) - SMA
12. Fabric Bookcover - SMA
13. Clothes pin bag – SMA
14. Sewn Tablecloth - 36" square - SMA
15. Fabric Table Runner – SMA
Min 36" long
16. Afghan, minimum 40" x 50" (exclusive of optional fringe), any yarn - SYA
17. Knitted adult vest - SYA
18. Knitted shawl - SYA
19. Child's long sleeve sweater, size 2 to 6 - SYA
20. Knitted boot toppers - SYA
21. Adult hat, any size - SYA
22. Pair of adult socks, using sock yarn - SYA
23. Pair of adult slippers - SYA
24. Cocoon/snuggle bag for a baby - SYA
25. Knitted scarf suitable for a male or female, your choice - SYA
26. Baby afghan - SYA
27. 3 cotton dishclothes, different designs - SYA
28. Hat & mitten set for adult - SYA
29. Smittens - SYA
30. Knitted article of clothing not listed in this category - SYA
31. Knitted and or felted item, made from natural fibre - SYA
E.g. Wool shorn from sheep, alpaca, goat, etc.
Include a label or origin of fibre if hand spun
32. Afghan - SYA
33. Baby afghan, any yarn - SYA
34. Crocheted fingerless gloves - SYA
35. Crocheted stuffed doll - SYA
36. Towel & dish cloth set - SYA
Pattern of your choice
37. Crocheted hot pad - SYA
38. Crocheted doily - SYA
12" or less, mounted on bristol board
39. Crocheted hat - SYA
40. Crocheted article of clothing (any item not listed in this category) - SYA
41. Cushion made from vintage fabric or recycled material - SMA
Size not to exceed 16"
42. Article previously made with Granny Squares
Any technique or combination of techniques
43. Tote bag made from man's recycled suit material
44. Article made from recycled men's ties
45. Braided rug from recycled fabric
YOUNG HANDICRAFTERS (15 YEARS AND YOUNGER)
46. Any article made from recycled fabric and cans
47. Decorate an unopened, non-perishable box or canned food as a gift (10 years & under)
All entries donated to local food bank.
48. Sewn fabric microwave bowl holder - SMA Sponsored by Gail MacFarlane
49. Sewn door draft stopper - SMA
50. Sock puppet
Decorated to look like Grandma, using embroidery, sewing, etc. Sponsored by Ilene Myerscough
MOST POINTS YOUNG HANDICRAFTERS - 1st $50.00 gift certificate - Donated by Shear Perfection Hair Design
LOCAL COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT
51. Lap warmer - SMA
May be made using fabric or yarn, knit or crocheted or sewn by machine or handsewn.
Appropriate for either female or male, approx 30 in. by 40 in. These items will be donated to the local nursing homes. Please use washable materials.
PRIZE MONEY - 1st $25.00, 2nd $15.00 Sponsored by Mary Adam
MOST ORIGINAL HANDICRAFT ENTRY - $20.00 Gift Certificate Donated by The Real Wool Shop
MOST POINTS HANDICRAFTS - 1st $25.00 Gift Certificate from Flint and Honey and $25 from Homecraft Committee, 2nd $25 Gift Certificate Donated by The Plaid Cow